GIVING THROUGH BENEFICIARY PROCEEDS, WILLS & TRUSTS
Your beneficiary proceeds, will or trust provide a simple, flexible way to act on your values and charitable interests.
How you choose to share your assets upon death reflects your values and what’s most important to you while living. These assets, whether they’re an IRA or other qualified retirement plan, life insurance, annuity, investments or your home, provide an opportunity to support charities and causes that mean the most to you.
TYPES OF GIVING
- Beneficiary Proceeds from IRAs, 401(k), 403(b), tax-sheltered annuities. One of the easiest ways to give is to designate the Mt Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund as beneficiary of your IRA or other qualified retirement plan, annuity or life insurance. Simply complete the beneficiary form for the assets you wish to give. Your heirs avoid paying income taxes on assets given to the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund and the value of your estate is reduced for estate tax purposes. You can designate all or a percentage of the assets to the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund as beneficiary. Another advantage is that you don’t need to pay attorney fees to put these plans in place.
- Bequests through a will or living trust. Through a bequest, you can give assets such as stocks, bonds or real estate through your will or living trust. Upon your death, these assets are removed from your estate, thereby reducing related estate taxes. You can gift the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund): 1) a percentage of your estate; 2) a specific dollar amount or asset; 3) a remainder amount after others (heirs) have been paid.
- Transfer ownership of life insurance to charity. Many are familiar with how life insurance provides for loved ones upon death. This same principle can be used to benefit your favorite charities and causes. A gift of life insurance through Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund enables you to make a significant charitable gift upon your death—larger than what might be possible today.
- Charitable income tax deduction
- Designate all or a portion of the proceeds
- Retain control over the assets while living.
FOR MORE INFORMATION about the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church Endowment Fund, please contact: MPLC member and Endowment Fund Treasurer, Dave Zuelke at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call the church office at 262-634-6704; or MPLC Member and Financial Advisor, Ryan VanDeLoo at 414-688-7265 or email email@example.com